News / Blog
COVID-19 Safety Precautions for Fall
By Darcee Kilsdonk, CCCC Executive Director |
COVID-19 continues to circulate in our community and we do not take for granted our responsibility to offer healthy and safe environments for the wellbeing of children, families, and staff.
As we prepare to open our centers for in-person services this fall, we will continue to follow health and safety guidelines and recommendations put forth by the Office of Childcare, Oregon Health Authority, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These precautions include:
- COVID-19 vaccination required for all staff, with exemptions for medical or religious reasons. (97% of staff are fully vaccinated as of July, 2021.)
- Daily health checks and monitoring for children and adults.
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment (to include face coverings/masks and gloves where appropriate and/or required).
- Physical social distancing among adults.
- Thorough sanitation and disinfection procedures implemented daily.
- Up-to-date internal policies and procedures that comply with the latest health and safety guidelines and requirements.
Please note that these practices are subject to change based on requirements and recommendations from health and early learning authorities.
Fall and back-t0-school season will be here soon and we are looking forward to serving families in-person in our centers once again!
Click here for a shareable link to our COVID-19 safety precautions.